Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Procrastinator

It is October and I have not even begun to think about Halloween. It is not because I am anti-Halloween or refuse to let my children participate, I actually enjoy Halloween in its full chocolate glory. No, it is because in my mind it is still September and Halloween is a distant holiday not to be thought of for at least four more weeks. WHEN DID IT BECOME OCTOBER??

So here I am on October 28, no pumpkins, no decorations, my youngest child has no costume and she has a costume party to go to in one hour!! Yes, I did conveniently forget about the party, but that was partly due to the fact that she has been sick and I just assumed (ok, hoped) that she wouldn't be well enough to attend. I am now feeling like the bad mom watching my seven-year old dig through her dress-up box looking for something to wear. ANYTHING to wear. The problem is most everything is too small. (It has been a while since we've gone through her dress-up box). Everything else is "too itchy".

When my boys were little I actually made their costumes. And there were some good ones, too. Among the favorites were a Hershey kiss, a pencil and a robot. As they got older, they wanted store-bought scary costumes. And by the time my daughter came along, I was thrilled to buy the princess dresses. It was a nice change from goblins, vampires, monsters and other creepy creatures.

But now what am I going to do? Thirty minutes and no costume. Maybe an old sheet with a couple of eyes cut out? Better yet, ONE eye (shows more character and takes less time!).

Bren

2 comments:

  1. She's alive! So what did you end up doing? I like the cyclops idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ended up wearing her cheerleading uniform. It was clean, paid for and needed no additions. Just don't tell her coach!!

    ReplyDelete