Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Random Dozen

It's Wednesday, so that means it's time for "Random Dozen" from Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.



1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
I like the taste. However, I do have a problem eating body parts off of a cookie (makes me feel sort of like a cannibal) and gingerbread tends to give me the.....um..... um.... Let's just say that I end up in the bathroom a lot!

2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
We live next door to my husband's father and step-mother and an hour away from my dad and step-mother. So, I guess the answer is "yes".

3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
You mean some holiday characters are PRETEND?!?!?!

4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
It varies from year to year, but this year would be "It's a Wonderful Life" BEFORE Clarence gets his wings. Is that being a little pessimistic?

5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
My favorite Christmas song is "Sleigh Ride". I can sing it all day much to the dismay of those around me. My ringtone right now is "A Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". I've never liked the song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". It probably has something to do with the line Oh give me some figgy pudding and give it right now and them not leaving until they get some. Who are these pushy people and remind me never to invite them to my house!

6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
Each year we try to provide gifts for someone else, whether that be a shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, or presents for a family in our community.

7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
It doesn't upset me. I don't use "Xmas" myself, but I have to respect others. In fact, due to my restrictive size, I'm pushing for the new slogan "Happy Elf Day"!

8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
Let's see, I've been to the Nutcracker ballet with the Girl Scouts, I've seen my daughter sing in church, saw the in-laws in their cantada, and going to see a Christmas play tomorrow. Anything else anyone wants to throw onto my calendar? Since I homeschool, no school programs this year!

9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
Yes, I'm dreaming. I like to watch the snow - DON'T LIKE DRIVING IN IT (see last week's Random Dozen). Before global warming (yes, it REALLY does exist!) I'd say yes, there is a chance of a white Christmas, but we haven't had a white Christmas in a very long time.

10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
One year I got a BIG doll house for my Barbies. It wasn't fancy, but my dad had made it and that made it special.

11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Lost count!

12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
This year I'm finding it very difficult! Any ideas?

Bren

2 comments:

  1. Another great list! I was dismayed to learn that some of the Christmas characters aren't real...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For number 12 -- maybe better advice for next year -- just say "no"...stick to one or two parties and just say no...nicely. It really helps.

    I love the dad-made gifts. I'm sure the dollhouse saw you through a LOT of years of play!

    ReplyDelete