Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Blog Virgin

Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am behind the times, this being my very first blog and all. In fact, it wasn't until my sister-in-law started sending me links to her blog that I understood what a blog was. Don't feel too sorry for me though, my husband still doesn't understanding this blogging thing. So after twelve attempts at a title that wasn't already being used, here I am a virgin blogger making my very small mark on the internet world.

Some may ask about the title of my blog. My only comment would be "Have you seen my house?". Oh I try not to be a mess, but apparently neatness just doesn't seem to work for me. In some aspects of my life I am quite organized, however these are few and far between. I own an iron, but don't use it (not sure I can find it). I burn every other dinner I attempt to prepare (although I'm pretty good at mac & cheese). I know nothing of car maintenance except that when the red hand points to "E" it's time to get gas. I've never used a lawn mower (thank goodness I have teen sons and a husband who considers it "relaxing"). I can't go outdoors in the Spring or Fall unless heavily medicated with allergy meds. Needless to say, I'm a mess. People have tried to cure me; my parents, husband, doctors, relatives, friends, etc. but to no avail. I am incurable. As a mom of three my life seems to be in constant chaos. I usually don't know where I'm going and sometimes I don't even know where I am. If it weren't for my recently acquired GPS, I'd still be driving around the back roads of Ohio trying to find my way out after a July 4th visit.

So starts my first blog. I am no longer a blog virgin. I will try to make my blogs interesting, but I'm not making any promises. All I can promise is that I will always be a mess.

Bren

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens next! This sounds oddly like my life....well, except that I only have two kids....and I'd be stuck driving around Tennessee without my gps. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You'll be great at this. You definitely have plenty of material. Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, but you know one woman's mess is another's unfulfilled dream. You are really blessed to have such a rich full life and wonderful family...even if things are messy!!

    ReplyDelete