Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday, so I guess that means that it is Thankful Thursday today. Today I'm am thankful for the little people.

1.  Joseph Gayetty
The inventor of modern day toilet paper, which is always at the top of my list!

2.  H. B. Reese
A dairy farmer and shipping foreman for Milton S. Hershey and the man behind the Reese's Cup.

3.  Charles Alderton
The creator of Dr. Pepper. My brand of energy.

4.  Thomas Crapper
We should all be thankful for Thomas Crapper who made the 4:00 am trips to the...umm... crapper.. much more comfortable by moving them inside!

5.  Percy Spencer
The inventor of the microwave oven. Without him, my family would never eat.

6.  Alexandre F. Godefoy
The inventor of the hair dryer.  I owe my non-curly days to him.

7.  Unknown
I couldn't find who actually came up with the idea for the TV remote control, but couch potatoes across the world rejoice.

8.  Verron Rudolph
The man behind Krispy Kreme. I just love seeing that Hot Now sign light up!

9.  John Cowie
The creator of the modern day Flip Flop. Now if he could have just invented a way to wear them in the rain without flipping water & mud up the back of your legs....

10.  Joseph C. Shivers
In one word... SPANDEX! A huge huge Thank You,  Mr. Shivers!

What are you thankful for today?

Bren



1 comment:

  1. Nope - you can keep Mr. Shivers - that spandex is an EVIL material. Evil!

    ReplyDelete