Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Facts Friday

Yes, I know it's Saturday, but if I did everything in a timely manner I would not be an Incurable Mess, now would I??

Today I am dedicating this blog to all of our government officials.

1.  In Indiana, it is illegal to take a bath between the months of October and March.
Note to self: do NOT go to Indiana for Christmas.

2.  In Baldwin Park, California it is illegal to ride a bike in a swimming pool.
Well dang...

3.  It is against the law in Hawaii to put a coin in your ear.
But it didn't say anything about putting it up your nose.

4.  In New York, it is illegal for a woman on the street to wear "body hugging clothing". However, it IS legal for a woman to go topless in public, as long as it is not being used as a business.
No comment...

5.  It is illegal to eat ice cream on Sundays in Oregon.
That is why today is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day. An excuse to eat the whole container today.

6.  In West Virginia, it is perfectly legal to take home roadkill for supper.
Strangely, I'm not surprised.

7.  A recently passed law in Texas requires criminals to give at least a 24 hour notice to their victims, either verbally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
Hey buddy, I'm going to break into your house tomorrow night at precisely 10:45 pm. Please make sure to turn your alarm off and put your dog up. Thanks.

8.  An elephant may not be used to plow cotton fields in North Carolina.
Well, now what I am going to do with Jumbo?

9.  Women in Vermont must obtain written permission from their husbands in order to legally wear false teeth.
I wonder if those who are unmarried or widowed must only eat pudding and oatmeal?

10.  It is illegal in the state of Florida to fart in a public place after 6 pm.
I know so many people who would be arrested for this one!

Bren

1 comment:

  1. Wow that Texas law is just crazy - I want to know more about it!

    ReplyDelete